Multiple Unit Event Permission Form
If you intend to hold an event that welcomes registered members of more than one chartered partner then this form must be submitted at lease 120 days prior to that event. A council representative will reply with our response. For details on why units are required to complete the form, please see the section "why is this form needed?"
Typical Multi-unit activities:
- Webelos Weekends for Troops to promote retention into Scouts BSA
- Units filling spots in a BSA specialty program (for instance pack aquarium or zoo overnights)
Typical requests that will be denied:
- Units trying to hold a multi-unit event for a geographic area. These should be a district event.
- Events for a specific gender of scouts will typically NOT be approved as we are an inclusive program.
Agreements to hold a multi-unit event:
- The Guide to Safe Scouting must be followed at all times.
- There will be a registered leader from each unit present for the entirety of the event.
- There must be a receipt issued for all money collected by participants.
- The event must clearly be advertised as a unit event - it cannot mention the Sioux Council or use the Council logo.
- There must be a clearly marked contact person for the event with name, unit, email and phone number.
- Permission must be requested for each event date and acceptance for one event does not guarantee acceptance for future events.