Leave No Trace
Leave No Trace Seven Principles
- Plan Ahead Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors
Level 2 Instructor Course
This course is open to registered Adults who are at least 18 years of age by the start of the course. Cost is $325 per participant with a $200 non-refundable deposit.
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record parts A, B, C
- Pass the BSA swimmer classification.
- Safety Afloat and Safe Swim Defense
- First aid/Wilderness First Aid recommended.
What Do Level 2 Instructors Do?
- Conduct Leave No Trace Trainer courses and Leave Not Trace and Outdoor Ethics Awareness workshops.
- Lead discussions on Outdoor Ethics with local Troops, Packs, and Crews as they prepare for outings.
- Train and mentor youth to serve as Outdoor Ethics Guides in their Troops.
- Provide leadership on Outdoor Ethics matters to the District and Council, drawing upon wealth of knowledge and personal experience.
Recognized by both Leave No Trace and the Boy Scouts of America, graduates are qualified to teach Leave No Trace principles in a variety of educational settings including awareness and trainer courses.
|Leave No Trace Level 2 Instructor Course Flyer